Saturday, April 2, 2016

Day 1

Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Weight - 247.6


I didn’t know it when the day began, but I would come to find out that today would be my last day of work.


Instead of diving head first, I was hanging out at the shallow end. My excuse: well… I haven’t read the book yet… and I told the nutritionist i would start on Wednesday…


So I aim to write down in this blog exactly what I write in the physical journal, plus expand a bit if i need to.


9:00 am - 2 frozen egg white burritos. Feeling tired. Why - hungry, time to eat, frozen=easy.
I had to get on the road by 9:30, so this or del taco drive thru was my only option. A couple days earlier, I had made a bunch of these frozen burritos to make mornings easier. I mean, the thought was there, but microwaving a frozen egg inside a frozen tortilla - mushy yuck and the inside is still cold. Putting it in the oven made the tortilla part good, but the egg inside was… yep, still cold.


11:40 am - del taco beef, bean, cheese burrito. Feeling - even more tired. Why - temptation.
I kid you not, I felt AWFUL that whole day. And remember, this was BEFORE I found out I wouldn’t be working there anymore, when I thought I still had another week left.


2:15 pm - meatballs, rice, bbq sauce. Feel - finally keeping eyes open, still low energy. Why - time to eat? It was around this time I told my “boss” that I felt awful and I wasn’t charging her for that day. Only the couple hours i worked.


5:00 pm - shrimp/avocado salad, honey mustard, onion, avocado oil. Feeling - dragging. More depression type of low energy. Why - time to eat. Eating with Adam’s family. I was just waiting at this point to go home.


Left there and stopped at a grocery store before coming home. I had listened to the virgin diet book on my way there and back, so my head was filled with what I can and can’t eat and why.


I returned to my apartment in a slight huff. I totally bawled in my car because I received a phone call from my client’s mom saying today was my last day. Not that i was fired, they were away for spring break the next week. I put my new food away and took the time to remove any food I couldn’t have from my parts of the fridge and freezer and pantry. It was emotional. Whatever my roommates didn’t want, I set aside to give back to my parents.


9:45 pm - dried mango slices. Feel - grumbly. Why - hungry, munchies, emotional eating.

And so was the first day of my new diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment