Thursday, October 30, 2014

Good and bad.

Good news about my diet: 

having restrictions means that I now have to think outside the box. I actually have more variety in my foods because I'm forcing myself to do fruits and vegetables instead of "hmmm. There's leftover spaghetti. Yes please." It's a pleasant and rewarding challenge to find fun things that I enjoy that won't make me go overboard in calories, fat, (complex) carbs, etc. ergo, I am officially enjoying my diet. 

Bad news: 

I had rice last night for the first time in a couple weeks. Just a bite. It tasted... Wrong. And this morning I had a tortilla with my eggs. Just because. And because I hope to do more walking today to "justify" it. Normally, a tortilla is one of my favorite things on the planet and one of my favorite forms of complex carbs. This morning, it was altogether bland and unexciting and thoughoughly a waste of my caloric intake. I'm disappointed in my taste buds. 

So I'm happy my body and tongue are enjoying the new lifestyle, but I'm a little sad that it doesn't even miss the old stuff. 

Below is a picture of my delicious lunch yesterday: carrot juice, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries. Nothing processed. All done with my juicer or magic bullet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment