Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Ok get this

I'm really proud of my mom. She's made the decision to do her best to change her diet to the same as mine and therefore when my dad eats at home, he is on the same diet too. I'm more resourceful at finding recipes that fit the diet. So I get the ideas for dinner, and mom and I take turns cooking the food. 

So when Mom was telling Dad that she wanted to make it a family diet, not just for weight loss, but also for dad's diabetes and cholesterol, wanna know his reaction?

"Well, you know I weigh less than both you and Bekah."

Mom was ready to either slap him or cry. And I would've too. I don't really have much to say beyond that. I mean, I call it a funny story, but it's sad and hurtful too. It's statements and responses like that which is why I've struggled to lose weight for 15 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment